Friday, July 3, 2009

My mom's garden: will be raspberries

Poking around Anne’s garden, while at the Big House to pick up Milo, I started looking more closely at her raspberry bushes. It took a little while, but I did eventually find wee wee raspberries.



This spring, I have been paying more attention to growing ~ gardening ~ agricultural things. We have an apple tree right outside our house in Wilton, and I carefully watched the progression from buds to flowers to tiny tiny apples, and now, more recently, slightly more apple-ish looking apples.

I find it really fun to see these beginning stages of growing things, things that in a few months will be both abundant and edible.



My big question here is, why is there a snail hanging out on a raspberry bush leaf? What exactly is it doing? where did it come from? So close to the ocean, it's hard not to think of it as a beach snail, but, I guess there are such thing as garden snails, and that must be what it is...


2 comments:

tuna said...

I have seen garden snails in the garden before. But my big question is, what are the snail's intentions with regard to the raspberries?

Clarissa said...

I don't think its intentions are anything we are going to be all that pleased with.