Saturday, July 12, 2008

Waiting for the Dems...


One of my mom's cousins is very active in the county Democratic organization. She approached mom and asked if they could use our house as the location for a fundraiser for the local Democratic state House of Representatives candidate.

The big house got cleaned top to bottom. Never a bad thing.

The cousins came and decorated in the morning before the (late afternoon) event.


Milo thought the streamers were really fun to play with. I had to keep steering him away so that he didn't tear them off the porch railing.




It was a perfectly beautiful day.


Unfortunately I missed the bulk of the party, due to my epic Ellsworth trip. All the pictures here are from the morning, when Milo and I were down at the house.


I did, however, make it to the tail end of the party. And, in fact, Milo and I had a brief conversation with former Senator George Mitchell, who was an esteemed guest of honor at the event. That was cool.

No comments: